Peter Murphy, CFP®
Educator, Planner and Advisor
Peter works intimately with clients to develop plans and programs that satisfy important life needs. His qualifications include:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIALPLANNERTM
- National Social Security Advisor Certificate Holder
- A Registered Investment Advisor Representative with Financial Partners.
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 6, 63, and 65 registrations with Financial Partners.
- Life, Health & Long-Term Care Insurance Licensed in New Mexico, Florida, Massachusetts, and Virginia.
Peter is a 27 year career Naval Aviator and former Commanding Officer of Strike Fighter Squadron Two Five (VFA 25) and USS TARAWA (LHA 1). His Naval experiences include tours as a Financial Budget Analyst and Acquisition Executive within the Office of the Secretary of Defense.
Peter holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mathematics from Wesleyan University, CT and a Master of Science degree in National Resource Strategy from the Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Washington DC. He is also a Distinguished Toastmaster.
In 2008, Peter moved to Santa Fe, NM and established his business. He specializes in educating the local and Los Alamos communities in Social Security, Medicare, IRA Planning Strategies, Financial Management and Retirement Income Planning. In 2014, he authored a book on Social Security: Social Security for Decision Makers - Charting Your Course to Retirement.
Peter, and his wife Lisa, love to travel and enjoy the beauty of New Mexico. They have 3 children and 3 grandchildren.